redleg
(Enzyte - one a day!)
09/06/11 01:44 AM
Re: Swan Lake-Fountain Grove memories...

The Grove was my home,,,,me and POP,,,he forking ruled that place in the day,,,dux or geese it didn't matter,,we hunted Swan some,but not much,,,Grandpa lessed on Fred's place Tiemeyer(him and grandma drug a lil camper up there and spent the season there) he also lessed a place at Lindscotts. We hunted the Hill when it was new,,,,I never met a finer man than Jimmy German,,,,we'd walk in with limits(on a regular basis)and Jimmy would say,,,here comes the James Gang! Some of the best memories I will ever have,,,,,,,,,2 am with Dad going down the road listening to Jerry Clower on an am station out of LA,,,just me and him,,,,,,,they were dayum sure good times,,,I was just a lil goof at the time but he never left me at home,,,,K6 at the grove I packed out 2 geese for Pop had em both over a shoulder and thier tails was dragging the ground,,,he was laffing,,I was just proud to be there,,,he was my DAD,,,,,I got so many stories I could tell of those days,,,,what memories,,,it really was a different time,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Scott you are rite,,,it won't happen again,,,it will NEVER be the same,,,,but oh the memeories it created,,they do need to be relived,,,great times they were,,,,the Hunny House Brookfield truckstop,,,,,Blackjack,,,,,good eats....
And the geese,,,wow Scott you ain't chitten a bit.....just something else we got to love about the 60's and 70's.
I'm gonna be out for the rest of the week,,,but you have given me many things to think about,,,,it's gonna be a great week.

Contact Us Return to Main Page

UBB.threads™ 6.5